Who We Are
Community Living BC (CLBC) delivers supports and services to eligible adults and their families in British Columbia. Adults with developmental disabilities and those who meet the Personalized Supports Initiative (PSI) criteria are eligible for supports through CLBC. We believe that individuals and their families know best when it comes to their needs, goals and planning for the future.
CLBC is a recognized leader in supporting adults with developmental disabilities to live good lives in welcoming communities.
In partnership with our stakeholders, CLBC facilitates and manages a responsive and sustainable network of supports and services that assists adults with developmental disabilities to be full participants in their communities.
CLBC will strive to achieve the following in everything we do:
Respect for individuals, families, partners, and staff
- We recognize and build on each individual’s abilities and believe that disability should not define how a person is viewed or treated
- We work with our partners in a spirit of cooperation and open dialogue
- We continue to build and support an engaged workforce by recognizing the contribution and commitment of each of our employees
- We use research to support evidence-based decision making
- We measure outcomes for those we serve and in accordance with our mandate and agreements with government
- We are accountable — professionally, financially, environmentally, and socially
Excellence through innovation and knowledge creation
- We work with our partners and adopt examples of progressive practice from our own and other jurisdictions to create innovative, person-centered solutions at the local level
- We ensure new knowledge is incorporated into practice within our service delivery structure by networking with sector leaders
- We challenge conventional wisdom and incorporate evaluation into everything we do
- We approach each task with fairness and flexibility
- We believe that no one has a monopoly on good ideas or the best way to get a job done; we are open to learning from others to support our commitment to innovation
- We have candid conversations with stakeholders to ensure that we act in the best interests of the individuals we support and in ways that are sustainable
Value for money
- We balance effectiveness with cost in the delivery of any support, service, business process or activity
- We provide equitable access to services that meet each individual’s current disability-related needs
- We ensure that services are flexible and responsive, and delivered within our available resources