The reason for implementing standards for home sharing is to ensure accountability on the part of CLBC, agencies, and home sharing providers. All of these parties are collectively accountable and responsible to the individuals supported in shared living.
This module will describe the home sharing standards related to accountability:
- Leadership and Coordination of Support
- Training of Assistants
- Guidelines and Procedures
This module will also discuss the monitoring tools for home sharing, and explain how Persons with Disabilities benefit works.
In Module 5, you will:
- review standards related to accountability.
- examine CLBC guidelines and procedures.
- assess monitoring tools.
- identify promising practices.