What this page says
- CLBC always tries to make fair decisions.
- If you are unhappy with a decision that has been made, you can make a complaint by calling 1-855-664-7972.
- CLBC will respond quickly and review your complaint.
CLBC has processes and tools to make decisions in a fair and consistent way. CLBC staff seek to carefully and clearly explain decisions, and will do their best to resolve concerns in a prompt and respectful way.
If you have a concern, or disagree with a decision, you can request to speak with your local manager. Many concerns can be resolved in this way.
CLBC also offers an option to have a concern heard through the complaints process. The complaints resolution process is designed to be accessible, person-centred, responsive and fair. If you submit a formal complaint, CLBC is committed to reviewing your concern in a timely way.
Three easy ways to file a complaint
- Click here to File a Complaint. On this page you can complete and submit a short on-line form, or to download a form which you can fax or mail to CLBC.
- Contact our CLBC Quality Assurance Office directly at 1-855-664-7972 and a member of our staff will take your information over the phone.
- Visit any CLBC office and ask staff to assist you with filling out a short form.
The review process
CLBC’s Quality Assurance Office will look at the nature of the complaint and initiate the review. You should receive a response within 2 business days to confirm receipt of your complaint.
The CLBC staff person conducting the review will contact you directly to discuss the complaint and provide a written response to your complaint. The timeline for resolution will depend on the complexity of your complaint.
The response will include a decision, recommendation(s) to resolve the situation and information about additional steps you may wish to take if you are not satisfied with the decision.
If you are still concerned
If you are not satisfied with the review, you can request that your complaint be escalated to the next stage of the complaints process or contact CLBC’s Quality Assurance Office directly at 1-855-664-7972 or ComplaintResolutionCLBC@gov.bc.ca.
A CLBC Integrated Services Manager will contact you within 2 business days, initiate a review of the regional decision, and provide a written response within 30 days.
If you are still not satisfied with the response, you will be offered the opportunity to send your concern to a Director of Regional Operations who will conduct a review and submit a written decision to you within 10 days.
Individuals who do not have their complaints resolved through these reviews can request a final review by CLBC’s Executive who will conduct a review and provide a written response within 10 days.