What is the difference between CLBC and other social service organizations?

CLBC creates policy for services and programs that meet the needs of the adults it serves, and is the contact for families and adults when applying for funding. CLBC also determines eligibility for the supports it provides.

The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) works closely with CLBC on transitioning eligible youth to adult supports provided by CLBC. As of October 31, 2009, MCFD assumed full responsibility for services for children and youth with special needs. CLBC is no longer the contact for, or the funder of, these services. For further information, see MCFD’s webpage on the transfer.

The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) provides programs and support for people with disabilities, both physical and intellectual, and works closely with CLBC to ensure that policies and programs developed for adults eligible for CLBC supports align with broader MSD policies.

Local community living non-profits receive funding from CLBC to provide programs and services to support adults who are eligible for CLBC supports.

Local health authorities provide people with a developmental disability, who are eligible for CLBC services and have mental health concerns and/or challenging behaviour, with Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS). They also offer the Health Services for Community Living (HSCL) program, which delivers community-based nursing and rehabilitation service.

« Back to Top Ten Questions

  • Share
  • Watch on Youtube
  • Follow on Flickr
  • Share on Facebook
  • Follow on Twitter
  • Follow