CLBC Personal Outcomes Team
CLBC is creating a Personal Outcomes Team to support the introduction and provincial implementation of the My Life survey. The Personal Outcomes Team is available as resources to all CLBC staff and to service providers. Team members include:
- Brian Salisbury – Director, Strategic Planning, CLBC (Brian.Salisbury@gov.bc.ca)
- Andrea Baker – Project Manager, include Me! (Andrea.Baker@gov.bc.ca)
- Tricia Lins – Self –Advocate Project Assistant include Me! (Tricia.Lins@gov.bc.ca)
- Jennifer Wheadon – Regional Lead, include Me! (Jennifer.Wheadon@gov.bc.ca)
- Alexis Greene - Administrative Coordinator, include Me! (Alexis.Greene@gov.bc.ca)
Introduction of the My Life survey is a great opportunity to create an environment in which everyone who supports adults with developmental disabilities and their families is focused on improving the quality of their supports and services using a common framework and language. CLBC is committed to working with individuals, family members, service providers, and community members in a collaborative manner to support this direction.
All members of CLBC’s staff will be expected to have an understanding of include Me! and to act as ambassadors for the initiative. We will use quality of life as a lens to guide and to gauge the effectiveness of our own work. If the things we are doing do not positively impact the quality of life of the individuals we collectively serve, we will step back and evaluate our actions. Our goal, in everything we do, will be to align our attitudes and approach with the QoL framework.
It is important to emphasize that the Quality of Life framework is based on the idea of continuous quality improvement. There is no specific score in any particular domain that providers will be expected to achieve. Instead, CLBC and service providers will use the My Life survey results to:
- help individuals and families make informed decisions about the types of services and supports that align best with their own quality of life priorities
- understand the impact that funded supports have on individuals’ quality of life
- identify areas that service providers can target to help improve personal outcomes for individuals
- inform CLBC’s decision-making about policies and programs that will support quality of life for individuals
If the Personal Outcomes Team can support your implementation of the My Life survey, don’t hesitate to contact us.