Help us make your community stronger
CLBC Community Councils have a dynamic mission to encourage, inspire, lead and support inclusion and the participation of people with intellectual disabilities in all aspects of the community where you live and work.
The North Okanagan-Shuswap Community Council, together with CLBC staff and managers, enhance the creation of safe environments, improve access to community resources and acknowledge the gifts and contributions of people with diverse abilities. In addition, they help develop and promote creative solutions which improve community access and inclusion.
Members include individuals with intellectual disabilities, family members, professionals from service provider agencies and business and community leaders.
Interested in contacting the North Okanagan-Shuswap Community Council?
The Council strives to break down barriers associated with disability and help make a difference in the lives of the people CLBC serves in the communities of Armstrong, Enderby, Lumby, Revelstoke, Salmon Arm, Sicamous, and Vernon.
If you would like to get in touch with the North Okanagan-Shuswap Community Council, or learn about possible opportunities to join, please contact CLBC’s Vernon Office.
The Community Council at work
Council Commitment: To promote and celebrate inclusion for persons with diverse abilities in all aspects of community life.
Goal 1: To promote inclusive employment in communities throughout the council region.
Goal 2: To encourage and support self-advocates in communities throughout the council region.
Goal 3: To improve communications enabling families to network and build connections throughout the council region.
Current list of members
- Debbie Moore – Chair Family Member
- Julie Armitage – Vice-Chair Service Provider
- Katie Moore Self-Advocate
- Ryan Cucheron Service Provider
- Monica Kriese Family Member
- Karen Hansen Service Provider
- Tamina De Montezuma CLBC Integrated Service Manager
- Wendy Phillips CLBC Council Support
- June 20, 2023 – CLBC Boardroom at Salmon Arm office, 3:30pm
- Summer Break – no meetings
Meetings resume in Sept, Oct and Nov.
- A Picnic/BBQ for CLBC families, self-advocates and caregivers in the Vernon and Shuswap regions. Details to follow.
- A Workshop for Self-Advocates; theme is ‘Building and Maintaining Relationships’