The overall goals of the Community Action Employment Plan are:
- to increase the number of CLBC-eligible individuals who are participating in employment, and
- for people who are already employed, but want to work more, to provide increased opportunities for employment.
This means everyone has a role to play.
Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR), Employment Program of BC, Services for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (STADD), and Ministry of Children and Family Development all play a key role in supporting youth and the adults CLBC serves.
From 2016 to 2019, CLBC and government partners will focus on these key objectives from the Plan:
- Continue to collaborate with leadership of SDSI and STADD to identify and implement solutions to increase the use of WorkBC by CLBC job seekers
- Implement and evaluate joint competency building plan for CLBC employment services and WorkBC services
- Develop a one government approach for increasing employment among youth and young adults
- At the regional staff level, participate in the development of Local Employment Action Plans
Download information about the role of Government partners in the Community Action Employment Plan.
Find a list of resources in our Resources section.