We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website. We take great measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of any personal information on this site.
What personal information we collect
- We do not collect personal information unless our Web site visitors volunteer it.
- When you complete online transactions, such as online job applications, we may collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address and your internet IP address.
- When you voluntarily send us electronic mail, we collect your e-mail address, your internet IP address and your message so that we may reply to you.
What session information we collect
- We keep no individual visitor data.
- When you visit the CLBC Web site, our web server automatically collects a small amount of information to help us manage and improve our Web site. This information is aggregated, and is never used for individual tracking. It is only used to report our visitors’ collective viewing habits and technical environment (e.g., browser type).
- Our Web site service provider advises us that no cookies are stored on visitors’ computers as a result of session information collection.
How we protect and use the personal information that we collect
- CLBC’s collection, use, disclosure and retention of information complies with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Collected information is used only by authorized CLBC staff to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected, or other purposes which will be described in the transaction you are completing.
- We will not sell or trade any personally identifiable information that may be collected from our Web site and will not disclose such information to third parties except as authorized by law.
- When you send us electronic mail via our Web site, your message is stored as business correspondence accessible only to authorized CLBC Web site staff.
- E-mail you send to us is not encrypted. Your e-mail may be intercepted by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to CLBC. Therefore you should not e-mail us information that you consider confidential.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
CLBC may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our Web site. As a result, you should visit this page periodically to review the contents.
Links to other sites
Our Web site contains links to other Web sites. Please be aware that privacy policies vary from site to site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other Web sites to which our site may link.
Questions or concerns?
For more information about this privacy statement, please contact us at CLBCInfo@gov.bc.ca.
To learn more, visit CLBC’s Privacy of Personal Information policy here.