How to Apply
CLBC provides supports for adults with developmental disabilities and adults who meet the criteria for the Personalized Supports Initiative (PSI).
The first step to apply for services is to contact a CLBC facilitator who can tell you about:
- Required documents
- Approved professionals who may complete the needed documents, assessments and make diagnoses.
Criteria for Eligibility
An adult has:
- significantly impaired intellectual functioning
- significantly impaired adaptive functioning
- these limitations must have started before age 18
Personalized Supports Initiative (PSI)
An adult who does not have a developmental disability but has:
- significant limitation in adaptive functioning AND EITHER
- a diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) OR
- a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (ASD is officially referred to as Pervasive Developmental Disorder)
For youth who are already accessing Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) supports, please contact your MCFD worker for assistance with transition.
Start the application process by calling your local CLBC office.