WOW!clbc Recognition Awards
Every year, Community Living BC’s Widening Our World (WOW!clbc) Award celebrates the different ways people are building inclusion across B.C. In recognition of our 10th Anniversary, this year our theme is:
“What Does Inclusion Look Like in Your Community?”
This year when you nominate someone for a WOW!clbc Award, we want you to tell us how they are making their community a place where people of all abilities are valued and respected. This year, we also want you to submit a photo with your nomination that shows us what the person you are nominating is doing and explain why it is inclusive.
We recognize that circumstances may prevent some people from being able to get a photo. We still want to know about your nominee. If you can’t get a photo, just tell us why in your nomination form.
An example of inclusion might look like people of all abilities doing something together – like being in a classroom, at work, or playing in a band. Or it could be a self-advocate taking a leadership role, or a family member raising awareness about abilities in community.
We know people are doing this work all across the province. Whether it is an employer, teacher, support worker, volunteer, self advocate or someone else breaking down barriers, we are looking to you to tell us about it – and show us what it looks like! The nomination deadline is:
November 30, 2015 at 5:00pm (sorry, no late entries will be accepted)
Winners will be chosen by a Selection Committee in December 2015. Award presentation events that include the photos will be held in early 2016 in the winners’ home communities.
> If you only need to complete the Photo Waiver, click here.
WOW!clbc 2015 Awards Rules
- All nominations must be completed on the official nomination form
- All nominations must include a photo
- Telephone and/or email address information is requested in case the Selection Committee needs additional information, or so we can contact winners and their nominees
- Winners and their nominees’ names will be published on the CLBC website, social media and in the Celebrate DiverseAbilities newsletter
- All submitted photos must include a waiver signed by the people in the photo
- All photos submitted with nominations and from WOW!clbc events may be used in future CLBC materials